Dressing up your mantle for any season can be really tricky especially with Christmas because of all the different options, textures and colors available. Here are a few simple tips to stage your mantle for the holidays with multiple pieces without it looking overwhelming and cluttered.
Use one large object with an arrangement of smaller pieces to create a focal point and still have a sense of balance throughout the space. By centering a large mirror in the middle of the mantle, it visually draws the eyes to the space. You can also use a large clock, artwork, windowpane or any large item.
To accessorize, choose pieces with varying heights and sizes throughout because this will naturally create visual movement across the space. The branches and floral stems in each of the vases provides visual height and balances out the smaller pieces. Add a wintery garland and scripted banner to transform the space for the holidays. Continue to add traditional pieces like the family photos, stockings and a sleigh for the final touches. Pick pieces that flow together and colors that compliment each other.
- The banner is from Etsy. I bought this many moons ago before I realized I was crafty.
- Stockings, sleigh, sacks, wooden tree, faux wooden logs, and garland are from Home Goods & Hobby Lobby from many years ago
- Stocking are hung with command hooks
- Frames are $5.99 from Home Goods
- I splurged this year and bought the $29 wooden reindeer from Home Goods. I saw it and had to have it!
- The joy sign is a recent find from Home Goods that was approx. $10
- I added floral stems with berries from Hobby Lobby to the existing branches and vases
I hope this guide inspires you to create your own awe-inspiring mantle. Don’t forget to tag #SAROMINspired on social media! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!